Today I completed a project at a national store located in Kingsport, TN’s Fort Henry Mall. The store will soon be distributing portable tablet devices to employees for use on the sales floor. These devices require a secure and reliable Internet connection.
I was tasked with installation of the wireless access point. This included:
- Performing a site survey to determine the best installation location for the access point.
- Installing a Power-Over-Ethernet injector to power the access point.
- Running approximately 120′ of Cat 5e Ethernet cable from the VPN netgate to the chosen installation location, above drop ceiling tiles.
- Securing a moutning bracket to a drop ceiling tile, then securing the access point to the bracket.
- Hiding all cabling from view, resulting in a visually pleasing installation.
If you are looking to improve or extend the networking in your home or business, please give me a call in Cordova, AK at 429-4740 or use the Contact Bryan page.
CDV Tech Guy