Here’s a quick rundown of the results of a recently-completed virus removal service.
Backing up user data and System Tool virus removal.
- First I located the user data on the infected system and backed up the data to an external hard drive.
- I used multiple tools to confirm that the backed up user data was not impacted by the virus infection.
- Using SpinRite by GRC, I read and wrote data twice on every single physical sector of the hard drive to ensure drive health.
- After wiping the drive, I performed a clean installation of Windows XP Home Edition, using the system’s original product key.
- I installed Windows XP Service Pack 2
- I installed Windows XP Service Pack 3
- I installed all remaining Windows Updates
- Updated all hardware drivers as necessary
- Installed up-to-date versions of CCleaner, Google Chrome, Microsoft Security Essentials, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Flash, Foxit Reader, Java, 7-Zip, Silverlight, and VLC Media Player
- Delivered PC to client’s home
- Restored client data to desired locations during in-home servicing
Recovering from a computer virus can be time consuming and frustrating. If you’re in Cordova, Alaska and you need tech support, computer repair, or virus removal, contact me today to schedule your service!